Sunday, October 31, 2010

Rally To Restore Sanity

I had watched it at home, where I can eat cheetos in my underwear where it's safe to do so. In private. And I found myself being disappointed in it. I actually became annoyed at the 2 1/2 hours of entertainment. I wanted more preachiness.

I wanted confirmation.

I wasn't alone in that. Those I've spoken to that were more of a political bent, or simply concerned with our society, voiced the same sort of concerns. Others thought it was fine, either liked it or didn't for varying reasons. Some even considered it another Woodstock of sorts.

I got to thinking (it happens now and then) about which viewpoint, if any, would be more correct. Then I thought even further. What should we have expected? Did we even have any right to expect anything?

I'll leave with this for now. Comments?

No comments:

Post a Comment